Losing weight during pregnancy can be a challenge, but it is possible. Here are some tips to help you lose weight during pregnancy:
Eat a Healthy Diet.
Focus on eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Avoid processed foods and sugary drinks.
Overall, Focus on Balanced diet and make division of 5 food groups.
- Fresh Fruits
- Breads & Cereals
- Dairy products
- Poultry, Meat and alternatives
Drink plenty of water a day, (Secret tip: This also helps your growing Baby’s teeth to develop strong)
Drinking plenty of water will also increase your Hunger but this doesn’t means to start eating more, instead try to focus on quality of food that you eat rather than quantity.
Un Healthy Eatables (Eatables to limit during Pregnancy)
- Eatables which contain high sugar, such as Chocolate, Ice cream, Cake, Biscuits, and soft drinks.
- Eatables which contain high fat such as Oils, Spreads, Cream and Salad Dressings. These are very high in calories, usage of these items may put you on weight and can also increase the chance of Heart Diseases.
- Drinking Alcohol or Usage of Nicotine must be halted during Pregnancy, there is no safe level in both of these items, they can severely harm your unborn baby.
- Vegetable salads (such as Cucumber, celery or Carrot)
- Fresh Fruits
- Beans and Vegetable soups
- Low Fat yogurt
- Baked Beans or Baked Potatoes
- Grilled Chicken
Get Regular Exercise
Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise most days of the week. Walking, swimming, and prenatal yoga are all great options.
- For most of Pregnant mothers exercise is safe during pregnancy tenure.
- Exercise also helps you and your unborn baby to gain Right amount of Weight.
- It also helps to manage stress and have a better sleep.
- Exercise also helps to reduce risk of pregnancy complications.
- It also reduces the chance of Caesarian Birth. (also known as C-Section)
These activities are usually safe during pregnancy to lose weight:
- Pilate Classes
- Strength Training
- Riding a stationary Bike
- Low Impact Aerobics Classes
Avoid “crash” diets
Crash diets are not only ineffective, but they can also be dangerous. If you are trying to lose weight, focus on making gradual, healthy changes to your diet and lifestyle.
- There is no need to eat for “2”.
- Fizzy Drinks
- High Fat products
- High Sugar Products
Talk to your doctor
Before starting any weight loss plan, be sure to talk to your doctor. They can help you create a safe and healthy plan that is right for you.